Custom Search

Welcome to Ford Transit Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Transit Forum - home of the official Ford Transit Club. Like most online communities, you must register to create a topic or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Transit Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post photos. . .more.
Posted Image

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

engine start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jess44

jess44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • Locationengland
  • Current Vehicle:transit

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hi ive got a mk6 2.4 duratorq and when I come to start it I put egnition on to warm plugs and then turn key and it just keeps turning engine, I then turn it back on and repeat process and it fires up 1st time, could anyboy shed any light please?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   Barrett

Barrett

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Region:European Union
  • LocationLondon
  • Current Vehicle:Transit

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Hi ive got a mk6 2.4 duratorq and when I come to start it I put egnition on to warm plugs and then turn key and it just keeps turning engine, I then turn it back on and repeat process and it fires up 1st time, could anyboy shed any light please?

You might want to post on the http://www.FlatRateTech.com site for help to resolve your issue.  It's all good and free. :)

#3 OFFLINE   Mcanx

Mcanx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Australia and Oceania
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Current Vehicle:Transit

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

Check your glow plugs are getting 12 volts. You may be warming the cylinder enough for it to fire into life the second time. Also check the fusible link wire beside the engine bay jump start point. Is it burnt/broken?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·